• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 CB

CB

The CB

• Administrators
  • 215 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:00 AM

Fryebaby has decided to move on from DownHome Mississippi. We would like to thank her for her contributions to the site and wish her well in her future endeavors. She addressed a couple of problems that our new start up site may face. As the site grows people may be less likely to play in the arcade as so many of the high scores are taken by staff. This isn't much of a concern. The admins discussed this issue in the early days of the site and decided that the high scores will be reset periodically to allow for new members. The hall of fame scores will stand but the high scores will be reset as needed to ensure everyone has a fair chance to get their name in lights. We are still growing and the things you see now are by no means going to reflect the end product we are planning to offer. We are looking for friendly and dedicated people to help in our journey to make a fun place for mississippians. We look forward to meeting the new members and never hesitate to offer your opinions. Once again well wishes to Fryebaby and thanks for all your work on the site.

#2 Charity

Charity

Sweet One :)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:40 AM

Fryebaby,
Thanks for all the work you have done for the site.  You did a good job.
Sorry to see you go.

#3 Laura

Laura

• Sarcasm Queen
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Sarcasm Queen, at your service. Here to help you with all your sarcasm needs. Please form a line and wait until it's your turn. I am just DYING to chat with you. Really.You should also know that I'm mean. And for no apparent reason. Consider yourself warned.

Posted 14 June 2007 - 10:09 AM

Well speaking as a non-staff member and an arcade addict I can tell you that it doesn't make any difference to me if the high-scorer of a game is a staff member or not. I would imagine that most everyone that comes here to play the games is here to PLAY THE GAMES and that kinda thing doesn't even enter their minds. I wouldn't trouble myself over it if I were ya'll.

Toodles Fryebaby. Take care.

#4 SIPPIFIRE

SIPPIFIRE

The Damn Boss

• Administrators
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:The real distinction is between those who adapt their purposes to reality and those who seek to mold reality in the light of their purposes.
    Henry Kissinger

Posted 14 June 2007 - 05:57 PM

While I agree FryeBAby did a good job  on the forum, We have many member's intelligent enough to  be great assets on here. We are sorry for her  in leaving. But DownHome Mississippi  will go on. Thanks to all here  for all they do  and hope everyone feels free to post and suggest anything they feel would  be  good on here, and a BIG Thanks to Adm. CB for his hard work making  this site possible!

#5 LILMRSPERFECTSPROUTS

LILMRSPERFECTSPROUTS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 09:35 PM

WELL HONESTLY I THINK THE SITE ADMINISTRATORS ARE USERS OF THE SITE AND ARE MEMBERS SINCE HOW THEY CREATED IT.  I DON'T THINK THEY SHOULD BE BARRED BECAUSE THEY MADE THE SITE OR WORK FOR THE SITE.  THEY DO ALL THE WORK AND THEY SHOULD GET THE SWEET STUFF TOO!

WUV U CB
WUV U SIPPI (GOSH IS IT HOT IN HERE, NAWWW THATS JUST SIPPI--WINK)
WUV U CHICKY WICKY

RECKON THATS MY COMMENTS ON THAT,
BEAN

#6 SIPPIFIRE

SIPPIFIRE

The Damn Boss

• Administrators
  • 56 posts
  • Interests:The real distinction is between those who adapt their purposes to reality and those who seek to mold reality in the light of their purposes.
    Henry Kissinger

Posted 17 June 2007 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE(Laura @ Jun 14 2007, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well speaking as a non-staff member and an arcade addict I can tell you that it doesn't make any difference to me if the high-scorer of a game is a staff member or not. I would imagine that most everyone that comes here to play the games is here to PLAY THE GAMES and that kinda thing doesn't even enter their minds. I wouldn't trouble myself over it if I were ya'll.

Toodles Fryebaby. Take care.

Ohhhhhhhh yeah it counts ....Mr.Cb needs to leave MY baseball along ...lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users