logo.png

Voter ID in Mississippi

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Voter ID in Mississippi (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Mississippi implement voter ID in our state elections?

1. Yes (13 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. No (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 CB

CB

The CB

• Administrators
  • 215 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 09:37 AM

Voter ID for our state is a very hot topic at the moment. Do you think we should require a photo ID before you are allowed to vote in a state election? It seems to me that voter fraud has run rampant in our state for too long. I think it's long past time to institute voter ID. I've heard people say it may influence the older people in the black community not to vote as it brings back memories of voter taxing. I think that's hog wash. That was then and this is now. If people truly want a better Mississippi it has to quit living in the past and think about the now and the future. What do you think?

#2 Guest_Fryebaby_*

Guest_Fryebaby_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2007 - 10:50 AM

I don't see why ppl have a problem with showing ID to vote.  Most everything in life requires some form of ID to be able to do it.  There would be very little question in regards to voter fraud if ID is shown.  I've also heard that ppl with their drivers license suspended would not be able to vote.  There are still forms of ID that are not drivers license.  Also by everyone having ID it would make it so much easier on other jobs like emergency services to ID ppl.  Now as far as the elderly black population not going to vote if they required ID, personally, I think that is silly.  That is turning it racial.  I would like to know the numbers of the elderly black population that does not have ID that would go & vote.... would it really be that high???? dry.gif

#3 Charity

Charity

Sweet One :)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 11 June 2007 - 11:18 AM

I have always had to show ID to vote until they finally changed where i was supposed to vote.  The last elction i didn't show ID only because the people running the polls knew me.  I don't see what the big deal is about showing a photo ID to vote.  and a little side note for those who don't vote....GO GET REGISTERED TO VOTE AND VOTE.  When I run for a political office I want ya'lls votes biggrin.gif hahaha

ok i'm done.

#4 Laura

Laura

• Sarcasm Queen
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Sarcasm Queen, at your service. Here to help you with all your sarcasm needs. Please form a line and wait until it's your turn. I am just DYING to chat with you. Really.You should also know that I'm mean. And for no apparent reason. Consider yourself warned.

Posted 03 July 2007 - 07:33 PM

Putting Charity in office will result in everyone driving identical midget cars (with paint washing off) and the total extinction of McDonald's under-cooked bacon. Ask yourselves if that is what you really want people!  tongue.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users